The Clinton Historical Society maintains a research archive that is open to members and to the public by appointment. All materials must be used in our library. Nonmembers are asked to pay a fee of $10 per visit. Contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Highlights of the collection:
- Nineteenth century correspondence, publications, and cemetery records relating to the local Friends Meeting, which built the Creek Meeting House in 1777–1782 and occupied the building until 1927.
- Minute books and membership records for the Upton Lake Grange 1895–1994 (which occupied the CHS building 1927–1993).
- Manuscripts, deeds, and indentures dating to the late 18th century.
- Numerous family collections of letters, diaries, scrapbooks, and photographs.
- Ledgers and other business files for local mills, farms, stores, blacksmith, two local insurance companies, and the town medical doctor dating from the 19th century.
- Minute books and membership lists for local organizations including the Women’s Christian Temperance Union (1910–1920).
- Tax records, school records, and other scattered and discontinued 19th and 20th century town records.
- Books, artifacts, research notes, and unpublished manuscripts from local historians, pamphlets, and local history publications.
- Reference collection of photocopies, typescripts, index card files, and microfilm of federal and state census records, local maps, Dutchess County government records, and Dutchess County Historical Society and other archival records containing information on the Town of Clinton.
Benson c. 1800 Composite Map of Clinton – Clinton Lots-Filed Alphabetically
Benson c. 1800 Composite Map of Clinton – Clinton Lots-Filed by Lot Number
Benson c. 1800 Composite Map of Clinton – Clinton Lots-Filed by Roads and Areas
Businesses and Public Buildings from Map – 1850
Businesses and Public Buildings from Map – 1858
Businesses and Public Buildings from Map – 1867
Businesses and Public Buildings from Map – 1876
Clinton Families and Individuals
Clinton Supervisors Book 1876 – 1891, Teachers
Clinton Supervisors Book 1876 – 1891, Trustees
Clinton Supervisors Book 1876 – 1891, Remaining Positions
Crouse, Theodore J. (shopkeeper) Ledger-Names
Crouse, Theodore J. (shopkeeper) Ledger-Subjects
Crouse, Theodore J. (shopkeeper) Ledger-Wills
Deeds, Mortgages and Insurance Policies
Friends Births 1828-1946
Friends Deaths 1828 – 1946
Index to Selected Deeds and Mortgages – Clinton
Master Archive Listing of Clinton Historical Society 1/1/2017
Names from 1858 Wall Map – Listed Alphabetically
Names from 1858 Wall Map – Residents by Hamlet
Names from 1858 Wall Map – Residents by Road
Oak Grove School 1852-1950_Board Members
Oak Grove School 1852-1950_Pupils and Families
Oak Grove School 1852-1950_Teachers (Mentioned in minutes)
Oak Grove School 1852-1950_Teachers (Non-minutes)
Occupations 1st District Clinton-1875 Census
Persons-Business-Professional 1850, 1867, 1876
Quaker Records Creek Monthly Meeting Dutchess County, New York 1780s1800s
Salt Point Residents 1867 Map – Businesses
Salt Point Residents 1867 Map – Businessmen
Salt Point Residents 1867 Map – Residents Listed Alphabetically
Salt Point Residents 1867 Map – Residents Listed By Road
Town of Clinton Residents from 1850 – Map and Census