After the business meeting Craig Marshall, town historian and CHS Vice President will present “History of the Town of Clinton”.
The Town of Clinton was incorporated in 1788 as one of the eight original towns in Dutchess County. Clinton was settled as part of the 1697 Great Nine Partners Patent, with the earliest road in the county passing through it in 1713. Many vintage photographs will be exhibited relating to early schools, churches, a dance hall, railroads, mills, and more. Examples of its notable early architecture will also be shown.
On April 9 at 7:30pm please click here to join the Zoom presentation!
This post was written by Catherine McMahon